HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
Hormones decline as we age; bio-identical hormone therapy uses natural hormones derived from plants, to supplement the hormones your body needs to function.
What are Bio-identical hormones?
Women prefer natural hormones, bio-identical hormones have a molecular structure that is identical to hormones that are naturally produced by the human body and are intended to replace these hormones when their levels decline due to aging disease, or surgery. Bio-identical hormones are chemically processed from precursors found in yams or soy plants, yet they are identical to the hormones produced by the human; hence the term “Bio-identical plants-derived hormones.”
The three types of hormones typically prescribed for bio-identical replacement therapy (BHRT) are estrogens, progesterone, and androgens. The precise components of each woman’s therapy need to be determined after physical examination, medical history and laboratory testing are considered.
- Relieve menopausal symptoms, including vaginal thinning and dryness
- Help to decrease blood pressure and reduce plaque formation on the arterial walls
- May improve mood, energy levels, and sleep patterns
- Reduce bone loss
Androgens, Such as Testosterone
- Enhance libido
- Provide cardiovascular protection (lower Cholesterol)
- Enhance bone building (increase calcium retention)
- Improve energy levels and mental alertness
Possible Benefits of Testosterone therapy for men
- Increased lean muscle mass improved
- Improved mood
- Decreased erectile dysfunction
Testosterone is used primarily to treat symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men and women and hot flashes in women. Testosterone can be administered by injection, patch, topical gel, pill, or implant.
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar: weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, fatigue, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, insomnia, and PMS?
Then let us help!