Injuries North Las Vegas, NV
No matter how careful people may be, accidents happen. Whether it is during a sports game, jogging in the park or sitting in an uncomfortable position for too long, it is possible to injure the body in a multitude of ways. The most important step after an injury is to seek medical attention.
Types of Treatment
While we are an urgent care, the patient may need to go to a hospital if the injury is severe enough. If the individual is in a car accident and is bleeding from open wounds, call 911 immediately. As an urgent care, we can treat injuries that are not immediately life-threatening such as:
- Fractures and breaks
- Injuries from falls
- Cuts and lacerations
- Burns and rashes
Waiting for the injury to heal without seeking medical attention can make the issue worse. Even if it does not seem too dangerous, a visit to our urgent care can help determine if there is anything else necessary to promote healthy healing.
Fractures and Break
By taking an X-ray of the fracture or break, we can determine the extent of the issue. A sprained ankle may not need as much medical attention as a broken limb. We can ensure the limb is in the correct position to heal properly. We will usually recommend casts or braces to keep the proper alignment so the limb heals.
Injuries From Falls
Injuries from falls can have a vast variety of consequences for patients, depending on certain factors, including:
- The age of the patient
- The health of the patient
- The type of injury
- The location of the injury on the body
Since an older patient may need a different type of treatment than that of a younger patient, we will help assess the situation. We can examine the patient and determine the most effective course of action. If the patient falls and is bleeding, unconscious or needs immediate medical attention, call 911. However, if the patient falls and is unsure of his or her condition, visit us for a full examination.
Cuts and lacerations
While small cuts are treatable with first aid kit supplies at home, other cuts can be deeper and require stitches. We can disinfect the wound, clean it up and stitch it closed. We can then schedule a follow-up meeting to remove the stitches.
Burns and rashes
We can provide treatment and pain relief for burns and rashes. If the burn or rash is serious, then the patient needs to go to the hospital. We can help to treat the burn or rash and promote healing. We can provide bandages for severe burns that need it.
When a patient is in a car accident or another type of accident that causes a sudden jerking motion of the neck, they may begin to experience whiplash. The sudden force that pushes the head and neck forward and then back can cause strain on the bones and joints that connect the head to the spine. A patient may begin to feel soreness in the neck without any visible injury after the accident. In those cases, the patient needs to visit us for a diagnosis and treatment.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Injuries in North Las Vegas, NV
People Also Ask
Start Feeling Better – Visit Us Today
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with stronger medication and treatment options instead of ineffective store-bought products.
Come In Today
If you live in the North Las Vegas area, call 702-514-4295 for an appointment in our North Las Vegas office.
Helpful Related Links
- American Journal of Medicine. American Journal of Medicine. 2023
- American Medical Association (AMA). American Medical Association (AMA). 2023
- American Medical Society For Sports Medicine (AMSSM). American Medical Society For Sports Medicine. 2023
- American Trauma Society. American Trauma Society. 2023
- John Hopkins Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery. John Hopkins Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery. 2023
- National Council on Aging. National Council on Aging. 2023
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Association of American Medical Colleges. Orthopaedic Surgery: Association of American Medical Colleges. 2023
- Radiological Society of North America. Radiological Society of North America. 2023
About our business, license, and website security
- Encompass Care was established in 1997.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Clark County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, Paradise, Spring Valley, Boulder City, and Winchester
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Injuries
Your primary care doctor is a valuable resource for keeping you healthy. Regular appointments with your doctor are important for both the prevention of illness and the management of your health. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of seeing a primary care doctor along with three key signs it may…
Antibiotics are a medication that an urgent care physician prescribes to treat infections that are caused by bacteria. The antibiotics fight the infection by making it difficult for the bacteria to grow and spread or by killing the bacteria. An article in The BMJ medical journal found that over 150 million prescriptions for antibiotics are…
When an illness or injury does not improve with home care or appears to worsen, it may be time to seek medical care from a healthcare professional. Sometimes it is evident the issue is an emergency, and the patient should head to the ER. However, an urgent care or primary care provider can treat a…
Explore additional topics covered on our website:
Call Us Today
Scan here to call Encompass Care on mobile